Already P-day?


Hey y'all!!!

I'm here in the MTC and today's my first p-day! It's kinda crazy here and everyone is just going constantly.

Here's what happened this week:

Wednesday: It was a really long half day haha. It was nuts, they just throw you in. We met the mtc`s pet cat, she has the priesthood, and no I'm not kidding, the cat was given the priesthood, also the elders that did it got kicked out. There was also a turtle that got baptized, they got kicked out too. We met our teachers and they're chill, Sister Caten is 21 and got home in January, and brother Jacobsen is 23. They both went to Taiwan on their missions.
Thursday: It was really long and I kept falling asleep😂 I did find out if you sit on your hands and bounce your legs it helps, or keep your legs in the air for as long as you can. We also stared learning Chinese.
Friday: I played basketball today and the elders here are really good at basketball it's crazy. Brother Jacobsen (or ji dixiong) said something really cool that I liked, he talked about how the church is a mortal institution, and because of that it can't be perfect and it'll have its problems, and the people that teach and stuff are all humans and they're not perfect either. But even though as an institution it may not be perfect but it leads us to Christ and his gospel which is perfect.
Saturday: Something really funny happened, so in our branch there's us Mandarin speaking elders, or mandoes, and then the Cantonese speaking elders, or cantoes, and there's a little bit of a turf war between the mandoes vs Cantoes (not really but it's fun) well anyways one of the groups of cantoes decided to all seven of them jump in the elevator at the same time, well they broke the elevator, they were stuck in-between the third and fourth floor for over an hour almost an hour and a half. It was really fun and totally a cantoe thing to do. Also the elevator is still broken so that's funny. We also had to teach we had to teach ke jiemei's "friend" which was really her wearing glasses today haha. That went very rough cause we've only been learning Chinese for a couple of days. Also after Saturday I was so beat I went and started scooping rice onto my tray and it didn't process until the second scoop that I didn't put a plate down and was scooping rice straight onto my tray.
Sunday: Fast Sundays are literally just meeting after meeting after meeting, we had somewhere around six meetings or something like that. It got reallllyyyy long, we had three fireside like meetings where it's everyone in one room and everybody was fallin asleep, you could look over the crowd and like half the heads would be bobbing or down it was so funny, and of course I was one of em too. Apparently it was one of the most boring meetings in the past like 8 weeks and even the experienced missionaries thought it was rough. We watched this cool talk by elder bednar and that was way cool, it talked about how you can't just have a testimony of the church, it's more than that, you have to become converted unto the Lord or you won't last. I thought it was really cool and went along with what brother Jacobsen said about how the church is an institution and you can't just have a testimony of the church you need to be converted to the Lord.

Fun random stuff:
*Got bit by something in my sleep
*I keep calling people I knew before by their first name
*Elder Barton (guy in my district also went to Davis, formerly cam Barton) has all the ringtones on the phone memorized cause we don't have music and it's the closest thing

The people I've met:
*My district is made up of 10 people and they're all way chill and we all get along way good
*Elder Barton (cam barton) and Elder Anderson (Ryan anderson) who I went to school and took Chinese with are in my district
* Elder Ferrin (Trey Ferrin) is a couple doors down from me
*Elder Shoebox (Riley Shoe box, yes I'm to lazy to spell your name) is one floor above me
*Our entire floor is super chill and everyone parties
*Seen Elder butterworth, elder Young, elder germer, and like half of Davis here at the MTC
*I have a chill comp his name is elder Hart, he's chill except he's a byu fan

Please email me during the week!! I really love getting your guy's emails and it makes the week soooo much better. See y'all next week!!

Pictures:
*The cat that was given the priesthood
*Elder Merrill our district leader whos resting today
*My fat stack of books
*Sign that says we can't take the cat in the building anymore
*Elder Reynolds doing I don't kNow what with a duck in the fountain
*Me and elder shoebox and his comp prasing momma Lisa for sending krispy Kreme

Comments